Term Fee Module
The Term Fee module allows you to assess a fee the first time an individual enrolls in a course for a given term/semester.
The Term Fee module requires additional files and setup. Please contact your ACEware technician for installation files/instructions.
- Create a Term Fee course for each term/semester.
- Enter the course code must be in this format: *[YYS]-TERMFEE (where YY is 2 digit year and S is term/semester designation).
- The course must be Active.
- The course Max value must be set to 99999.
- The ACEweb Publish Property on the ACEweb Info tab must be set to No Publish/Register/Allow Billing.
- Set up a Main Fee. This is the "Term Fee" that is charged to the student the first time they enroll in a course for the semester. Note: module only supports 1 Main Fee. There is no support for Other Fees.
- If you want to exclude any courses from the Term Fee charge, you can check the CUDFL1 field (first Logical type Course UDF field).
Enter this line in the SpecialFee INI setting in ACEweb.ini: [*]+LEFT(lcCrse,3)+[-TERMFEE].
When a student adds a course to their Cart, the system looks at the current Term Fee course. If the student is not already enrolled, it adds it to the Cart when the student saves the course to the Cart or proceeds to checkout.
The Term Fee course does not show on the Cart until the student proceeds to Checkout or adds another course to the Cart.
The student cannot remove the Term Fee course from their Cart (Delete button is grayed out or is hidden). They must clear the Cart to remove it.