Occasionally, you may find that there is an error on a payment record that cannot be corrected (e.g. a payment was accidentally made but the individual did not pay, the amount is wrong, etc.). In these cases, you have two options:
- Delete the payment - you may delete a payment--IF--it has not been assigned a receipt or invoice number yet (i.e. the Receipt Number field is blank).
- Void the payment - if the payment has been assigned a receipt or invoice
number, you must void the payment instead.To void a payment:
- Select Void from the Payment Type drop down menu.
- Confirm that you want to change the payment type by clicking the Yes button on the Change Payment Type pop up window.
- Enter a reason for voiding in the Reason for VOID field.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.