The Email module is an optional module that allows you to email from within Student Manager. With the Email Module, you can:
- Mass email notices about upcoming offerings to everyone in your Student Manager database--or--target your email to specific marketing groups.
- Include attachments with emails (e.g. catalogs, flyers).
- Email registration receipts/confirmations to a single individual, or mass email receipts.
- Send a quick email to an individual, to course registrants and workshop attendees.
- Email rosters to instructors.
- Some areas allow you to create individual PDFs and email them to recipients (e.g. email certificates and faculty contract agreements).
- If using the Company Invoicing module, email invoices.
- Email course reminders and emergency emails.
- Merge information from the database into emails.
- Send HTML formatted emails.
Email Module Requirements
To use the Email module, you must have the following:
- SMTP Mail Server hosted on your institution’s
network which allows Relaying.
- The Email module will not function on a MAPI server.
can be set up in a couple of ways. The
first is to validate email senders by return email address. The
other is to allow relaying based on the IP address of the sender. This
is the preferred way to set your server. If
you have questions on this for your particular mail server, consult with
your local network technician or Email software documentation.
- Persistent connection to your SMTP Mail Server (i.e. LAN, WAN, ISDN, or DSL). The Email module will not operate with a dial-up connection.
- Student Manager’s Catalog Builder module because Email templates (used when you need to include information from the data tables into your email, e.g. registration confirmations, faculty rosters, etc.) are stored in the Catalog table.