Cloning a course allows you to copy the Master Course Record information into a new Course Record (including fees, location, instructor, and notes). All you’ll need to do is change the course code (e.g. change the semester or section characters) and enter the dates of the new course. This is a great help when scheduling multi-sections of a course in a given semester, or when scheduling the course in future semesters.
To clone a course:
- Open the course record you want to clone.
- Click the Clone Course button.
- Enter the course number that will be assigned to the new course record then click the OK button.
- If the existing course record has associated Budget, Pocket Ledger, or Workshops records, you'll be asked if you also want to clone those records. Select the appropriate option.
- A new course record is created with the course number you entered, and the information from the original record is copied into it (except for the Course dates).
- Enter the Course Begin Date and make any necessary changes to the new course record (e.g. course code, location, times, etc.).
- Click the Save button to save the new course record.
Note: you can mass clone courses and set individual course dates, or mass clone a batch of courses that all begin on the same date.