Share reports with other users with Student Manager's exporting/importing feature. Before you begin, you must determine if you want to share a default or additional report.
- To export the report you want to share, select Tools > Reports > Export Master Report or Export User Defined Report.
- Select the report you want to export.
- Select a destination for the report files.
- Click the Select button. You should see a message in the upper-right of the Student Manager screen telling you the export was successful.
The report files will be saved to the directory you choose. There are two files: one with a .dbf extension, and one with a .fpt extension (e.g. NAMEROSC.dbf and NAMEROSC.fpt). You must send both files to the user with whom you are sharing the report.
The next step is importing the report into the other user's system. To do so:
- Select Tools > Reports > Import Report.
- Navigate to the directory in which the report files are saved.
- Select the report file (when you navigate to the directory, you'll only see the .dbf file--this is normal).
- Click the Import button. You should see a message in the upper-right of the Student Manager screen telling you the import was successful.
The report will be saved as a additional report in the appropriate report area (if you imported a Roster report, you would go to Reports > Registrations > Rosters > Name Roster, then select Additional Reports on the Report Options screen.).