To add a Faculty record:
- Select File > New > Instructor.
- Enter the appropriate information (e.g. name, address, etc.).
- Click the Save button to save the new record.
- Only Active faculty are included in the search when assigning an instructor to a course. If you want to assign this instructor to courses, you must check the Active box.
- If you enter a default pay type and pay rate for the faculty member on the Additional Info (UDFs) tab, that information is entered into the appropriate fields in the Pay Information section when assigning an instructor to a course.
You may also create a Faculty record from a Name record:
- Open the Name record.
- Press the Alt+Y shortcut.
- Click OK on the Create Instructor from Name window.
This option will copy the information from the name record into a new faculty record.